In memory of 9-11


Greetings.

In just a few weeks, we will mark the 25th anniversary of that day when 19 radical Islamist hijackers attacked the United States and killed nearly 3,000 people. For those of us who lived through that period, one question is often asked: Where were you that day?

Yet the consequences of those attacks are discussed far less frequently. Changes such as the creation of the Department of Homeland Security became part of everyday life and, for the most part, were accepted with little public objection. No one speaks of the cost inflicted by subsequent wars, along with worldwide refugees, and the clashes between cultures.

Personally, during that time I was a devoted Rush Limbaugh listener, and one question he frequently raised continued to bothered me: How is it possible to convince 19 young men to willingly kill themselves by flying airplanes into buildings?

In my last blog a shared the translation from a German history Book about the world of Islam.  In this segment I like to make the reader aware of what radical Islam turned into as seen through the eyes of a lady that escaped its clutches and tells her own story

Over the last 25 years, I have spent a great deal of time reading and studying subjects related to Islam, terrorism, culture, and history to better understand that question. Recently, while translating the essay The World of Islam from German into English, I found myself reflecting on a passage I had read in Ayaan Hirsi Ali's autobiography.

Infidel: My Life

Author: Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Written: 2006

Published: February 2007

One passage from the opening chapter particularly captured my attention:

"Later, as I grow up, my grandmother will coax and even beat me to learn my father's ancestry eight hundred years back… Whenever a Somali meets a stranger, they ask each other, 'Who are you?' They trace back their separate ancestries until they find a common forefather."

I found myself appreciating her grandmother's determination to instill a deep knowledge of family history and ancestry in a five-year-old child. There is something admirable about preserving a connection to one's roots and heritage.

However, that admiration ended when I learned that the same grandmother played a significant role in arranging and carrying out female genital mutilation (FGM) on Ayaan. The contrast between preserving cultural traditions and perpetuating harmful practices is striking and difficult to ignore.

In her autobiography, Ayaan goes on to describe her journey from Somalia, her eventual escape from an arranged marriage, and her later conversion to Christianity. Her story is one of personal transformation, courage, and a willingness to challenge deeply ingrained beliefs and customs.

As you reflect on the terrible act committed against us by radical Islamite’s you may want to know what is behind that radical movement, its original and its ultimate defeat by the realization that mankind can only achieve acceptance by God through his son Jesus Christ.  Ayaan saw the light.

Today, Ayaan Hirsi Ali continues to discuss these issues publicly and maintains her own YouTube channel, where she comments on religion, culture, politics, and contemporary social issues.  

From Burka to Born-Again - My Salvation Story | Ayaan Hirsi 


Alihttps://youtu.be/zeK6rQ3aWI8?si=ULGeb2QwJ1OV--J1


Mrs. Ali’s personal experiences with Islam offer valuable insights into the inner workings of the religion. In my next blog, I intend to delve into the mechanics of persuading young men to commit suicide for the cause.

May this series of blogs be regarded as a tribute to those who directly perished in the 9/11 attack, as well as the soldiers who lost their lives or were injured in subsequent wars, and all the other sufferings and casualties caused by this act.


May God bless you.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do we know about Islam

Am I, or am I not a Christian?

Fear, the hidden Inflation inducer